Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

i9 14900kf game crashes

crab
Novice

Hi there

I got an i9 14900kf a month ago and recently(half month ago) my pc starts randomly crashes and blue screen and force restart whten playing some games such as Apex Legends. I replaced it with my old i7 12700kf with all other components unchanged and the crash disappear. Under this situation I think the CPU had some issue. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @crab

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      Can you provide more details about the specific error messages or codes you see when the crashes occur? This information can help identify the root cause of the problem.

2.      Have you checked the temperature of the i9 14900kf during gaming sessions? Overheating could potentially lead to instability and crashes.

3.      Are there any recent software or driver updates that coincided with the start of the crashes? Updates can sometimes introduce compatibility issues.

4.      Have you tried running any diagnostic tools or stress tests on the i9 14900kf to see if it exhibits any issues under load? This can help pinpoint performance problems.

5.      Are there any specific patterns or common factors present when the crashes occur, such as specific in-game actions, time played, or other applications running simultaneously? Identifying patterns may offer additional clues to the problem.

6.      Did you overclock the processor? Please note that if the system was overclocked, including voltage/frequency beyond the processor-supported specifications, your processor voids the warranty.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
crab
Novice

1. yes, here is the 2 blue screen photo

crab_0-1703037440449.jpeg

crab_3-1703037458166.jpeg

2. yes, temperature is at reasonable range around 70 degrees

3. no, I reinstalled windows to prevent anything related to software

4.no, diagnostics tool cannot proceed to stress test stage, crashes happened during math stage(approximately)

5.no specific patterns, tested like 6 games with completely random actions, I got crashes, force restarts and blue screen randomly

6. processors is running at default clock rate and also the ram

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @crab

Thank you for your response.

Regrettably, we are unable to offer support in Chinese; our assistance is available exclusively in English. Consequently, we are unable to extract the necessary information from the provided screenshots. It would greatly assist us in identifying the issue if you could forward the screenshots in English.

Furthermore, considering your reported BSOD issues, we recommend reviewing the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article: "Blue Screen Error (BSOD) While Using Intel® Processors."

Should the problem persist, please inform us, as it may indicate damage to the CPU. If you agree, we can guide you through the steps to initiate the RMA process.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
crab
Novice

okay but I am about to start an international travel so it may take some time to get back to this

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @crab

Thank you for your response.

As per community guidelines, the thread will remain open for an additional 7 business days. Following this period, the thread will be closed. If you need further assistance, kindly initiate a new question on a fresh thread.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello crab,

We hope you are doing fine.

We are making the follow-up to this case. Please let us know if you still need assistance, otherwise, the thread will be closed.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello crab, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MDBolin
Beginner

I same problem with I9 14900KF pc freezes anytime that their is a load put to it and makes me want to switch back to AMD.

0 Kudos
crown_resident
Beginner

literally the same thing with me, also any photo or video editing software crashes. I bought this for a workstation and its been failing worse than when i owned a 4790K

0 Kudos
ryanh1315
Beginner

I was having these same issues as described above. The crashing got progressively worse and worse over time (my prebuilt is only 4 months old), and the solution that's worked for me so far was to change the P-core ratio on all 7 cores to 55 (default ranges from about 55-60). You can do this in the BIOS. Took me a while to figure it out on my MSI BIOS interface. For whatever reason, a lot of games/apps don't seem to be able to handle the dynamic ratio between cores. 

Hope this helps.

@intel,

Is this expected behavior? I've seen a lot of issues with this type of thing with the newer processor gens across multiple sites/forums and would like to know if I should return/swap out my prebuild since it's still under warranty.

0 Kudos