Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14562 Discussions

started my pc today, XTU can't "AUTO OC" my i5 13600KF anymore

Dxmqe
Beginner

Hi everyone!
i was using the "auto OC" quite a lot and it worked, today i got the message:
"Intel speed optimizer 2.0 is not supported."- it did work before.. exactly yesterday. I dont really know what to do but i tried installing an older version (7.14.0.15) because i got an update for a new version today and i tought maybe thats the problem, but i updated it to "7.14.1.12" in the first place because it didn't work anymore, so going back didn't help either... i tried everything,
i can overclock it with "advanced tuning" but im not too sure what to do and i was pretty happy with what i had, is there a problem with the version? i didnt update anything besides my Nvidia RTX 3070 Drivers, but that has nothing to do with that, so i dont know what to do, maybe someone can help me? 
Specs:
I5 13600KF
Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X DDR4
32GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 
RTX 3070 ASUS DUAL OC

i hope someone can help me, btw another question: does anyone think the i5 13600KF would be a bottleneck in gaming if i would get a RTX 4070Ti SUPER?

Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Daggert
Beginner

Bump on the above.

0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Greetings!

It seems you're encountering an issue with the "Intel speed optimizer 2.0" not being supported, despite it working previously. This could be due to a variety of reasons, including software updates or compatibility issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Update your BIOS: Ensure that your BIOS is updated to the latest version available for your motherboard.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall XTU: Completely uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) and then reinstall it.You might want to use the official uninstallation and installation guides provided by Intel.
3. Check BIOS Settings: Make sure all CPU cores are enabled in the BIOS and that overclocking settings are correctly configured.4. Registry Edit: If the issue persists, you might need to edit the registry to create a new DWORD value under the "XTU" node called "LoggingLevel" with value 4, then restart the XTU Service or your computer. Network Issues: Consider checking for any network failures or firewall settings that might be blocking the update xml file required by XTU.

As for your second question regarding the potential bottleneck with an RTX 4070Ti SUPER, the i5 13600KF is a powerful CPU, but whether it will bottleneck depends on the resolution and the specific games you're playing. Generally, for gaming at higher resolutions like 1440p or 4K, the GPU becomes the primary factor, so the CPU is less likely to be a bottleneck. However, if you're aiming for very high frame rates at lower resolutions, the CPU might limit performance. It's always a good idea to check with a bottleneck calculator or similar tools to get a more precise idea https://pc-builds.com/bottleneck-calculator/.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your troubleshooting!

Cheers,

Max

0 Kudos