Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20706 Discussions

Agilex 5 FPGA Optical Module Support

SDavi9
Beginner

For the Agilex 5 FPGA E-Series - what Optical module support does it have ? In the device overview I found a note "SFP+ only available on D-series" but on the other hand from "Transceiver-based protocols supported on the Intel Agilex 5 FPGAs are shown in Table 3." it would appear that there is optical support for numerous different protocols ? 

Also where can I find the data sheet for this FPGA ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Your understanding seems to be correct that is SFP+ optical module support for different protocols. Still, I will check once internally and let you know.

Thank you,

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any further question?

Thank you,

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
SDavi9
Beginner

Dear K**bleep**ij,

What did you find out from your internal check ? Please be specific and indicate which versions of Agilex 5 FPGA have SFP+ optical module support ?

Best regards

Shmuel 

0 Kudos
SDavi9
Beginner

Any News ? We really need the documentation on the full extent of the optical support for Agilex 5 E-Series Device Group B M16A, B15A & B18A FBGA's

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Allow me some time, I am checking on this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
SDavi9
Beginner

Thank you so very much !

Please me me know when you have something ! 

0 Kudos
SDavi9
Beginner

If the Agilex 5 E-Series Device Group B  does support an optical interface - is there a chance of getting hold of a design e.g. (as far as I understand the design e.g. are for Agilex 7 ???) ??

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we know, SFP+ is supported on Agilex-5. SFP is not as it violates the input voltage of the GTS Rx.

Thank you,

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
SDavi9
Beginner

Dear K**bleep**ij,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Is SFP+ supported on Agilex 5 E-Series Device Group B M16A, B15A & B18A FBGA's ? Do you have nay documentation on this ? Do you have a Quartus design e.g. for this ? 

Bests regards

Shmuel 

0 Kudos
SDavi9
Beginner

Any update ?

I just re-checked the Agilex 5 Device overview and I could not find the note "SFP+ only available on D-series" - was there an update to the Documentation ?

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have asked to the engineering, please wait for some time on the specific info for D-Series.

Thank you,

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
SDavi9
Beginner
0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As long as the SFP+ module electrical signal spec meets Agilex 5 transceiver spec then no issue interface with Agilex 5.

Kshitij_Intel_0-1713782306873.png

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous reply that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you,

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos