Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20709 Discussions

Can I connect 3.3V devices to cyclone10GX?

Toby__5
Novice

I want to connect an IC with an I/O voltage of 3.3V to cyclone10GX. However, the datasheet says it only supports up to 3V. Does this mean I can't connect directly to 3.3V devices?
If you can't connect, do you have a suitable level shift IC?
I would like to know.

Thankyou.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Datasheet specifies 3.3 V input voltage in recommended operating conditions plus overvoltage margin. 3.3V driver supply is o.k. if you avoid overshoot by placing suitable serial termination for longer lines.
Toby__5
Novice

Thank you for your reply.

The device I want to check is the 10GX, not the Cyclone10LP.

It seems that the VCCIO conditions for Cyclone 10GX only include 3.0V (2.85V to 3.15V).

Does Vccio of the 3 V I/O bank mean that I can connect external I/O devices with a 3.3V level while keeping it at 3.0V?

Datasheet:Cyclone® 10 GX Device Datasheet 683828 | 2022.02.14

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Yes. I was quoting input voltage spec of Cyclone 10 GX datasheet.
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For the DC input voltage for Cyclone 10 GX, they supported up to 3.3V for 3V I/O. Pin voltage should not be externally pulled higher than the maximum value.

Please be noted the VCCIO is for the I/O buffers power supply.

AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you need any more help on this?

Regards,

Aqid

Toby__5
Novice

Thank you for your answer.
It was very helpful.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you.

0 Kudos