Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20737 Discussions

Cyclone V bidirectional port OCT issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm trying to get series termination for a bidirectional bus instantiated in my Cyclone V. In assignment editor I've set the location, I/O standard(1.8V), and output Termination to series 25 Ohms w/out calibration. I don't need any calibration on this, fixed termination is fine. From what I've read, the proper way to do this is to enable the OCT's dynamic termination, which intelligently detects when the line is being driven & when it is an input, and only assert termination when it's an input. I have not been able to figure out how to get this to work, all of the user guides concerning this I can find are for Stratix III devices & don't really answer my question. I've seen circuits requiring instantiation of ALT_IO_MEM, but don't really know if I need to do that. Output termination is great, but I need termination both ways. If anyone can let me know how what the best way of going about this is, I'd appreciate it! 

Thanks, 

--Varun 

Edit: I'm not seeing a Dynamic OCT option in assignment editor. The Cyclone V user guide states that it supports Dynamic OCT so how can I enable this?
0 Kudos
0 Replies