Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20706 Discussions

DE10-Lite LED segment seems broken

asp211
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a DE10-Lite FPGA board, and it first seemed to work fine. However, a few weeks later, I notice that one of the seven segment LEDs are broken (just one of the segments). When I plug in the FPGA to power, all of the segment LEDs flash in the usual pattern, except for just one of them, making it seem that its broken. I even try to code up a program to light up all LEDs, and that singular segment still is not lighting up. 

Is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SyafieqS

You mean broken is not light on at all?

Just to clarify, rtl wise previously working with hardware(led) now is not?

0 Kudos
asp211
Beginner

It will not light up at all. Previously, I was able to code some SystemVerilog to light it up, but now, it won't turn on under any circumstance.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

If any design pinned to the led and did not work as expected, there must be something wrong with the hardware issue. If you still has warranty, you may contact your distributor.

Have you tried to signaltap to see if there is any electrical signal at the led? This is to verify that the led.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Let me know if there is any update

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos
ems37ufl
Beginner

I'm using the DE10-Lite devices in a course for the first time this semester. (I am a faculty member.) At least a dozen students have had segments on the 7-segment displays fail. Many students have had multiple failures. Other students have reported that using the other (non-7-segment) LEDs have caused state machines to fail to operate correctly. Electrically and logically this makes no sense, assuming the schematics are accurate. But using a tri-state buffer between the outputs and the LEDs (with either a high or high impedance going to the LED) seems to remedy the issue.

0 Kudos