Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20707 Discussions

EPCQ device selection for Arria V FPGA

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I Need to know how i can select EPCQ device for AS4 mode for Arria-V FPGA 5AGXBB7D4F40I5 selected for my design. I did not complete my design but want to finalised my PCB with this fpga. Which file should i consider for selecting flash size is it .rbf or .pof. Please reply to me neelesh_tayade@rediffmail.com. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I Need to know how i can select EPCQ device for AS4 mode for Arria-V FPGA 5AGXBB7D4F40I5 selected for my design. I did not complete my design but want to finalised my PCB with this fpga. Which file should i consider for selecting flash size is it .rbf or .pof. Please reply to me neelesh_tayade@rediffmail.com. Thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

You should use .rbf file size to estimate the total bits in your design instead of .pof file as .rbf is raw binary file.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should use .rbf file size to estimate the total bits in your design instead of .pof file as .rbf is raw binary file.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just refer to the Arria V datasheet for the uncompressed .rbf size: 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/a...v/av_51002.pdf 

Then compare the .rbf size to the EPCQ size. The rule of thumb is that EPCQ device size > FPGA .rbf size.  

You can enable compression to compress the .rbf size to fit more images into the EPCQ.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the comments. I did same what is suggested by you.

0 Kudos