Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20711 Discussions

FPGA Verilog Project - Saving values for future processing

Razvan1203
Beginner

Hello everyone!

I'm currently working on a project where I have 2 seperate circuits. One with a microcontroller that has an ultrasonic sensor that capture motions and the other one with an FPGA board with a display that displays the exact time at which the motion was detected. Both circuit are communicating via Bluetooth with the help of 2 Pmod BLE modules.

My question is: How can I save those clock times when the motion was detected for future purpose? I mention that I also made a digital clock so the clock is not the problem. I want that after a whole day of motion detection, I can access those clock values stored somewhere and process them elsewhere. How can I do this?

Any answer or advice to my question is welcome! Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can't you just store in on-chip RAM?  And how do you want to access this information?  If it's in OCRAM, you could go low-level and use the in-system memory content editor to view the RAM contents, or transfer the data over some other communication channel.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

As sstrell mentioned, perhaps you can use the RAM on on your microcontroller or FPGA board to store the timestamps. Though the amount of data an FPGA can store depends on the specific FPGA model and the available memory resources on the device.

Since you're already using Bluetooth for communication, you could also send the timestamps wirelessly to another device or server for storage.

This way, you can offload the data storage and processing to a more powerful device if needed.

Depending on your project requirements, you can choose the option that best fits your needs.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos