Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20750 Discussions

HPS and FPGA fabric communication for Agilex 7 devices

dj-park
New Contributor I

I'm very sure a tutorial for this exists but I haven't been able to find one.

I am looking for a design example or tutorial that sends some data from HPS, computes(let's say simple vector addition in this case) and sends data back to HPS.

We may need to create Quartus design that consists of 1)AXI interconnect and 2)vector addition compute kernel. We then have to generate the bitstream and program the FPGA device. Finally, the main.cpp that runs on HPS should dumps some data to certain address so that FPGA compute kernel can receive, compute and send the results back.

What is the closest design tutorial for this simple HPS-FPGA fabric communication? The target device is Agilex 7 device. I do not intend to use oneAPI. I want to generate bitstream and compile the host code(that runs on HPS) separately.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

For your such requirement, I found below example link to try.

This is for setting up the h2f bridges and the data exchange between HPS & FPGA.

https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Projects/SettingUpAndUsingBridgesOnAgilex

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Please do let me know if you have any other query on this?

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

I believe your inquiry has been answered. With that, I now transition this thread to community support. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tiwari

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos