Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20736 Discussions

How to get rid of warnings?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody, 

Is there any site or document which deals with warnings messages and how to get rid of them? 

I got such types of warnings 

*Info: Pin "y[0]" has no specified output pin load capacitance -- assuming default load capacitance of 0 pF for timing analysis 

and 

* Info: Pin ssd_7[0] has VCC driving its datain port 

and 

*The Reserve All Unused Pins setting has not been specified, and will default to 'As output driving ground'. 

and 

* Pin "ssd_7[0]" stuck at VCC 

With regards
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can solve these problems by following the recommendations - so e.g. specify and output capacity 

Or, you can setup error suppression in the Synthesis Tab, but providing the code of the error to suppress. Also you can right click on an error to set it to "off".
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you fpgaengineerfrankfurt (http://alteraforum.org/forum/member.php?u=1331) for your answer, 

What I need actually is to resolve the source of the warning and not to ignore it. 

for example how colud I specify an o/p load capacitance?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

*Info: Pin "y[0]" has no specified output pin load capacitance -- assuming default load capacitance of 0 pF for timing analysis 

--- Quote End ---  

Goto Assignments > Device > Device and Pin Options > Capacitive Loading and fill out the table accordingly. 

--- Quote Start ---  

*The Reserve All Unused Pins setting has not been specified, and will default to 'As output driving ground'. 

--- Quote End ---  

This is in the same Device and Pin Options but under Unused Pins and Reserve all unused pins. 

ssd_7[0] must have some logic that sticks it high, is this desired behavior?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you fpgaengineerfrankfurt (http://alteraforum.org/forum/member.php?u=1331)  

I really appreciate your cooperation. 

Your answers were very helpful to me.
0 Kudos