Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Quartus 13.1 Subsciption and Web Version bdf editor issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello to all, 

We are using both the subscription and free web versions of the QuartusII software. And I have been using the Quartus II software since Version 6.0. I have never seen the the issue we are now seeing in version 13.1 was released. 

The hard core VHDL designers tend to scoff at me when they find out that I use both VHDL and Block Diagram File (BDF) supported by Quartus. At my company, we like the graphic way that BDF files display our the design hierarchy as opposed to searching through Port Maps when debugging our designs. Plus our engineering technicians love me because I give them block diagrams. Well enough of my handicaps.  

This question is for any Quartus II Block Diagram File users that may be out there. If I want to move components around in a BDF file, first I have to select the components to be moved. After I select the components, and I move the mouse pointer to grab the logic to be moved, Quartus creates a copy of the logic and pastes it directly on top of the existing logic. I have the same problem selecting and moving primitives like the pin symbol or for that matter, any component that I attempt to move. Then only work-around to this is to use the directional keys on my keyboard. 

Has anyone heard of this one? 

Perhaps there is a setting that I can turn off or on to tell Quartus to not generate the bogus copied components? 

Best Regards, 

RonM, SMTS
0 Kudos
0 Replies