Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20710 Discussions

voltage a-b-c to alpha beta transformation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i have done a programme of voltage transformation from a-b-c to alpha beta. input voltage of each phase will be 10 volt. so i take three input pin in schematic ......but which three pin i assign in three input pin of a b c phase for input voltage in schematic programme...which two output pin i assign for showing the result in CRO.. i also make the prog according to pu value of 10 volt. so i assign the constant value of in basis of pu value...as example: sai for 0.5 constant i choose 16383/2=8192...is this correct ?...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To process analog voltages, you need a device with analog inputs and outputs. If you are processing analog signals in FPGA, external ADC and DAC are required. 

Which hardware (e.g. development board, additional analog interface board) do you have? Where do you want to connect the 10V analog signals?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

To process analog voltages, you need a device with analog inputs and outputs. If you are processing analog signals in FPGA, external ADC and DAC are required. 

Which hardware (e.g. development board, additional analog interface board) do you have? Where do you want to connect the 10V analog signals? 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for giving me the valuable suggestions.....the which three input pin which i assign in dac programming for input....as example i assign the output pin as 122 and 124..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

atfirst i stepped down the 230 volt analog signal to 10 volt by transformer..then i want to give as input to fpga kit...then buy the schematic programming i want to see the alpha beta voltage in scope.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which FPGA kit do you have? I doubt that it's prepared for analog signal connection. Connecting 10 V to an FPGA input will damage the FPGA.

0 Kudos