Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2063 Discussions

HP Zbook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation Intel rst doesnt show ssd

Manuu
Beginner

I bougth a new Kingston A400 480 gb ssd to install on my HP Zbook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation(Intel 4th gen) but it doesn't show on windows instalation people say I need to install intel rst but I only see for 7th gen or above...ai also downloaded from anoteh random site on the web and still no sucess....Please help me

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Manuu.

Good day,

Thank you for posting on the Intel community Support forums for Optane SSDs.

I received your ticket regarding Intel RST, and I will be reviewing this with you.

There is a dedicated community section for Intel RST, so I will move your thread there so it can be answered by one of my colleagues as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Manuu,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues installing Windows.

The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) from our website is not compatible with 4th Gen CPUs, if HP has an Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver version, this should be compatible with their system.

There is no need to install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) to be able to install the operating system. I recommend you check with HP to confirm if the drive is compatible with their system and with Microsoft to check the proper instructions to install Windows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos