Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

IRST

Schockiiii
Beginner

Hey,

So, I got a Dell Precision 3650 with an i7 11th gen. The PC featueres two M.2 drives. Both of them are in a RAID. I do have the IRST Software installed on the Computer. My question is, is it possible to extract data from IRST with PowerShell? Data like drive health, capacity and so on.

Or is there any other way than just PowerShell? Is there a logfile, which is produced by the IRST?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Hello there, @Schockiiii ...

Extracting data such as drive health and capacity from the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) software using PowerShell is not a standard feature provided by IRST. However, you might be able to script something using PowerShell that interacts with the IRST interface or logs if they are accessible.

As for log files, IRST does not typically produce a separate log file that can be read; it integrates its notifications and messages with the Windows Event Viewer. Starting with version 17.x and above, IRST does not have a notification area or tray icon but communicates directly with the Microsoft Notification Center. Any events or issues detected by IRST will be displayed in the notification area if notifications are enabled within the IRST console and in Windows settings.

If you're looking to monitor drive health and capacity, you may want to consider using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) with PowerShell, which can provide detailed information about the drives on your system.

Here's a basic example of how you can retrieve some information about your drives using PowerShell:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_DiskDrive | Select-Object Model,InterfaceType,Size,Status

This command will list the model, interface type, size, and status of each drive on your system. For more detailed information, you can explore other WMI classes such as Win32_LogicalDisk.

Cheers,

Max

0 Kudos
Schockiiii
Beginner
0 Kudos