Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory

Arto77
Beginner

Hey,

Simple question, where do i find driver Intel RST? I have 14700k processor.

Googling Intel Web page, i find two versions:

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory (10th and 11th Gen Platforms)

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory (11th up to 13th Gen Platforms)

I cannot find 14th Gen version, i'm in situation i cannot use VMD controller for Windows install, cause there is no driver available.

Anyone has same problem?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Arto77,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For me to further check this inquiry, please help provide the following details.

1. What is your OS?
  2. What is the complete brand and model of your Optane drive?
  3. What is the complete brand and model of your motherboard?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Arto77
Beginner

Hey,

What is your OS?

Windows 11 64-bit Education

What is the complete brand and model of your Optane drive?

Kingston FURY Renegade 1 Tt M.2 SSD

What is the complete brand and model of your motherboard?

Asus Motherboard TUF GAMING B760-PLUS WIFI

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Arto77,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Since you are using a 3rd party board, the embedded controller may have altered or modified by the board manufacturer so the appropriate driver should be from the board manufacturer. I checked the download site of your motherboard and they have their version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver. Please click the link below and download the driver:

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-b760-plus-wifi/helpdesk_download?model2Name=TUF-GAMING-B760-PLUS-WIFI

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Arto77,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Arto77
Beginner

Hey Mike,

There is a problem with that link you provided, the IRST driver cannot be found anywhere.

You can find the driver by googling it.
https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/irst/helpdesk_download/

The version of the driver is V19.1.1.0.1001 from 2022. Needless to say, that version is outdated for Intel 14th generation processors. When installing the driver, the installation ends with an error message stating that this device driver is not compatible.

You would think this would be such a simple thing, if no mass media disks are found in the Windows 11 installation, download the driver, either from the Intel or Asus website, and the installation can continue.

However, I was able to install Windows when I turned off the VMD controller in Bios. I would just like information on how to download the VMD controller driver to the machine. And thus I turn the VMD controller back on. This would enable the use of a RAID configuration.

If the VMD controller is turned on without a driver, Windows crashes into a blue screen.

Cheers, Arto

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Arto77,

Thank you for the update.

In the link that I provided, you can find the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software V19.5.7.1058 For Windows 10/11 64-bit.

This is dated 2023/09/18. This driver will not depend on the processor since the purpose of this driver is for the system to detect the drives during installation.

If you are having errors during the set up, you may also contact the manufacturer of the board is they may have altered or modified the controllers and those enhancement can only be enabled if you are using their drivers.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Arto77,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Arto77,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am sending another follow up hoping that you are now talking to the manufacturer of your system. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos