Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2061 Discussions

Need RST driver for my motherboard z97-pro gamer - Not available on asus website

Jatta
Beginner

Hi all,

I wanted to clean install my PC and I was downloading all the drivers from Asus but it doesn't have RST.  I was hoping to find RST from Intel but the latest one isn't compatible with my system when I tried to install it. 

The RST installed on my PC is 13.1.0.1058.

Motherboard: Z97-Pro Gamer. 

This is a 4th Gen system - i7 4790K

Windows 10 home

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't have any releases for 13.x, but I do have releases for 14.5 and 14.8 that you could try. I also attached a 12.8 release, but it likely isn't applicable.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't have any releases for 13.x, but I do have releases for 14.5 and 14.8 that you could try. I also attached a 12.8 release, but it likely isn't applicable.

Hope this helps,

...S

Jatta
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Thank you for replying and providing the drivers it gave me such a relief.

I did some research and I realised RST is mainly for RAID, and I'm not running any RAID at all, I never have or will. So I've done the clean install without the RST. 

Do you still recommend it though?

Thanks 

J

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Heck no. IMHO, it is simply too complex and way too fragile to ever trust with my data. You have boneheads in the development group pulling rookie moves like dropping must-have features (like eMail alerting) from the GUI and then taking more than a year to restore it. That they spent countless man-hours developing the VMD implementation while seemingly not addressing many of the complexity or fragility issues shows them to be a broken, rudderless organization.

You asked,

...S