Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4785 Discussions

Integrated BMC power sensor polling rate

Hamidreza
Beginner

I have an Intel Xeon Silver 4216 server and I would like to query the power consumption using the `power statistics` reported in Integrated BMC web console. I was wondering with what rate does the numbers in power statistics are updated? Is it update once a second? Here is what I see in the web interface. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Hamidreza,

Good day!

Thank you for posting on Intel Community.

I understand that you are seeking information about the rate at which the power statistics are updated in the BMC (Baseboard Management Controller).

We are currently investigating this inquiry with our resources, and we will provide you with an update at the earliest opportunity.

In the meantime, you may find additional information in the BMC user guide. Please refer to the following link for further details: www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/Purley_RMM4_BMC_User_Guide.pdf

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
Hamidreza
Beginner

Dear Salman, 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

We are currently investigating this inquiry with our resources, and we will provide you with an update at the earliest opportunity.

Sure, please keep me posted if there's any update. 

Also, I was wondering if the domain Entire Platform includes the power consumed by all components including storage, fans, LEDs, etc? 

Cheers,

Hamid

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Hamidreza,

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for your patience. Could you please confirm which server board model you are using?

Best regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
Hamidreza
Beginner

Hi Salman,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Xeon Silver 4216. 

Cheers,

Hamid

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Hamidreza,

Good day! I hope this email finds you well.

We are currently in need of assistance in identifying the server motherboard model. Your expertise in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
Hamidreza
Beginner

Hi Salman, 

I think its model is S2600WFTR Motherboard.

Cheers,

Hamid

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Hamidreza,

I hope this email finds you well.

Thank you for your patience. I'm pleased to provide you with the information regarding the Integrated BMC power sensor polling rate.

The BMC calculates power statistics every 0.5 seconds. Whenever there's an update, the web page will be automatically refreshed to reflect the latest data.

I trust this clears up any doubts or questions you may have had regarding this matter. If you're satisfied with the provided information, could you please confirm? Your confirmation will help us ensure that we can close this case.

If you require any further clarification or assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Hamidreza,

I trust this message finds you well.

I'm reaching out to follow up on our recent correspondence. Your insights and input are invaluable to us, and I would greatly appreciate your prompt response whenever you have a moment.

Warm regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hello,

Greetings for the day!

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as no response has been received from our previous follow-ups. 

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos