Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Acer predator helios 300 (2022 model) - abruptly shutting down

Satvik
Beginner

Hi, I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022 model) that is abruptly shutting down. I checked the status using the Performance and diagnostics monitor and the following error was reported.

[Cause: A device has reported a "Not OK" status.
Details: The device, Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB, is reporting a bad status value. This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_09AB&SUBSYS_15981025&REV_00\3&11583659&0&30]

Could a representative from Intel support assist in resolving this issue? The laptop is not even a year old. Any recommendation or suggestion would be appreciated.

Anticipating the resolution of the documented error.

Thanks, 

Satvik

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Satvik  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will do the best I can to assist you here. 

We are moving this thread to the Software Storage Technologies Forum as this is not related to Graphics. 

Regarding your issue, do you have a RAID configuration or use Intel® Optane? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Satvik
Beginner

Hello @Jocelyn_Intel 

Thank you for replying to my post. In my case, I have Intel Optane installed in my system.

Regards,

Satvik

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Satvik  

Thank you for your reply and the information provided. 

In that case, have you made sure that your RST driver is up to date with your System Manufacturer? This driver is also provided on the System Manufacturer's website

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Satvik
Beginner

Hello @Jocelyn_Intel 

I have checked with the System Manufacturer's Website and found out that my RST driver is up to date.

Best regards,

Satvik

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Satvik  

Thank you for your confirmation on this. 

Have you tried the generic driver 19.5.2.1049.5 already? Please let me know the results.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Satvik
Beginner

Hello @Jocelyn_Intel, as you suggested I installed the generic driver 19.5.2.1049.5 and scanned it again.  The following is the output:

Device is not working properly; Windows cannot load the required device drivers.
Cause: A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
Details: The device, Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr31". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\DISPLAY\0000.

Please advise. 

Thanks,

Satvik

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Satvik  

Thank you for your reply. 

In that case, roll back to your System Manufacturer's driver and contact them for further assistance as this issue seems hardware-related. 

Although installing the drivers from your System Manufacturer is recommended, we wanted to try the generic driver since the previous one didn't work. We have tried everything until now, you need to contact your System Manufacturer for further assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Satvik
Beginner

Hello @Jocelyn_Intel , thanks for your reply. I will contact the system manufacturer. 

Thanks,

Satvik

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Satvik  

Sure, I am glad to help as best as I can anytime.  

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need assistance with other matters, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

I hope you can solve this issue soon. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos