Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

5007 tx.cmd timeout (tfdqueue hanged)

Jeroen1
Beginner

Just recent my workstation started to disconnect from the internet automatically. Looking into the Eventviewer, multiple errors were listed: 5007 / 5005 / 5002.

5007: - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged).

I ran the SSU utility and have it attached.

FYI: I run the latest MS Windows 10 O/S updates and have uninstalled/installed the latest Intel drivers. 

Could you please of help to identify the issue and to come up with a solution? very much appreciated!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JayB_Intel

Hello Jeroen1,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support

Kindly consider performing clean installation of Intel wireless drivers below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Also, please try the recommended settings for 802.11ax connectivity

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/wireless.html

If the issue persists, please collect Windows system event log and WLAN-AutoConfig log:

1. In Windows search, search for "event" and select "Event Viewer"
  2. In the left pane, expand "Windows logs"
  3. Right click on "System" and select "Clear Log..."
  4. Expand “Applications and Service Logs” -> “Microsoft” -> “Windows” -> “WLANAutoConfig” 
  5. Right click on “Operational” and select “Clear Log…”
  6. Reproduce issue.
  7. Reference above steps (instead of Clear Log… choose Save All Events as…) to save the system event and WLAN-AutoConfig logs in .evtx format.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello Jeroen1,

Were you able to check the previous post? Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
Jeroen1
Beginner

Hi Jay B. 

I'm not sure what happened, but it looks like the problem got fixed somehow. I basically didn't do anything after listing this issue in this community, and kept it running for a few days now. I tried to reproduce the problem, but, again, the problem seems to be gone. 

Thanks for the follow up. I will circle back if the issue will appear again. For now, I suggest to close this threat and want to thank you for your quick response and support. All the best!

Best,

Jeroen 

0 Kudos
Jeroen1
Beginner

Oh, shoot... It happened again... 

Ok, I - again - reinstalled the drivers(s). I checked the recommended settings. All good. Still, connection breaks again. 

I saved the logs - see attachment -. The rar file contains the two files you requested. 

I very much looking forward to your feedback, thank you Jay!

Best,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Jeroen1,

Thank you for the update.

For us to further check this issue, can you also share the latest SSU with updated drivers so that we can have it checked by our Engineers as well.

Kindly download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jeroen1
Beginner

Hi Michael,

Hereby the latest SSU log. I very much looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Jeroen1,

Thank you for the information provided.  

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Jeroen1,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am reviewing the SSU logs that you provided and found out that the BIOS of your board is outdated.

You may also update the BIOS to install the latest updates.

Upon reviewing the specification of the motherboard, this board does not have an onboard Wireless card.

Did you purchased a separate wireless card which is the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and installed it on your motherboard?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Jeroen1
Beginner

Hi Michael, Good day, 

I build the computer myself and bought each component separately. And, yes, also the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 network card is something I purchased separate. 

I just have updated the BIOS to the latest version. If the issue will occur again, I'll circle back in the next few hours/days. If you don't hear from me again, I suggest to close the ticket in about a weeks' time. Make sense? 

Thanks for your support!

Best,

Jeroen 

0 Kudos
Jeroen1
Beginner

Hi Michael, good day,

Unfortunately, the issue emerged again with the same error messages in the event viewer (as shared earlier). What do you consider as next steps? 

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Best,

Jeroen 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Jeroen1,

At this point, it is best to contact the motherboard manufacturer to check compatibility or if the BIOS of the board supports your Wireless card. We have reason for that and it is in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Jeroen1
Beginner

Ok Michael. I'll contact Gigabyte and will provide feedback once I hear from them. 

Thanks,

Jeroen 

0 Kudos