Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

AX210 5ghz hotspot not showing on any devices!

Pix4r
Beginner

After many recommendations I have recently upgraded from crappy Realtek wifi card to Intel AX210 160MHz wifi card. I am using Lenovo Legion 5 laptop (ryzen 5 + 3050 ti, 2021) . Now after the switch the wifi runs much better howerver I am unable to create 5ghz hotspot and the 2.4ghz one runs PAINFULY slow. After many days of searching for answers I found many people have similar issues but noone of the fixes worked for me! Why is this such a pain to solve? I can select the 5gz option in my mobile hotspot settings in windows. After tunrning it on, it looks like it's running normally however NONE of my devices can detect the network! I tried my phone, tablet, nintendo switch, other notebook and it's just like the hotspot doesn't exist. I really like the boost in stability of my connection and its even faster than the realtek one however if I am not able to fix this issue I will have to switch back. 

I run windows 10 pro 22H2, build 19045.4046
Intel driver that I currently use: 23.20.0.4, Intel drivers I tried and they don't seem to work: 22.45.1.1 (and one from 2020 but I cant remember the number)
I tried changing the preffered band in advanced settings. 
I tried connecting to other 5gz wifi and then opening my hotspot.
I tried these network commands:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

netsh advfirewall reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

I tried sharing the network over usb from my phone and then making hotspot out of that. 
My notebook was restarted many times and I even tried some hotspot utilities. 

Is it connected to some country band restrictions? My old realtek worked great in 5gz hotspot and it was made in china too. I live in central europe and I never had any "military" band issues before. 
Some guy said he changed some windows registers and it worked? I could never find any more information about his post. 
PLEASE help me solve this. I like the new wifi card, the stable wifi is great improvement but god I can't stand not having my 5ghz hotspot. I tried asking reddit but the answer is always "install Linux" this ain't happening. 

Also idk if it is related but bluetooth works great. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pix4r, 

Thank you for posting in the communities . Thank you for commending our product. I'm happy to hear that the connection and Bluetooth works great for you. Upon checking your concern, I noticed that the symptoms is expected behavior due to country-specific regulatory limitations. You may use hotspot on 5GHz by connecting to an Access Point on the approved 5GHz (passive) channels for the country that you are located before initializing the hotspot. You may find more information at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000029083/wireless.html#:~:text=Why%20are%20you%20seeing%20it,channels%20at%20the%20same%20time.

If it still do not allow you, please let me know in this post. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pix4r, 

I am just checking in if you were able to detect the 5Ghz by following our recommendation in my previous post. Feel free to let us know by replying to this post. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Pix4r
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,
thank you for your response and I apologize for my delayed reply. I saw the link you provided before when I was troubleshooting this issue myself yet I was not able to use the information it provides effectively. I connected to my home 5Ghz network and tried to make 5Ghz hotspot and it still didnt work. I tried the same with school eduroam 5Ghz wifi network and no result too. The link says to connect to wireless AP, should I try some different approach than just home/school wifi network? Me not having access to 5Ghz hotspot is very big issue which I am still not able to fix! 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pix4r, 

I am sorry to hear that it did not work for you. Just to confirm, the wireless AP that you connected to are the approved 5GHz (passive) channels for the country in which you are located? Additionally, the AX210 160MHz wifi card is now integrated on your Lenovo Legion 5 laptop (ryzen 5 + 3050 ti, 2021) correct? Kindly also please send us the SSU logs so we can check it for you. You may download it at this link; https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Pix4r
Beginner

Hello again,
Yes I can confirm these wireless AP's were connected to approved 5GHz channels for my country (which is Czech Republic, if that matters for further investigation). 
Yes have I installed the card and made sure both antennas are correctly installed in their aproprieate slots. I have checked the card twice to make sure it's physically installed correctly. My notebook is indeed Legion 5. 
I downloaded the SSU and ran the test. I have saved the logs in .txt format. Could you please provide me with your e-mail? I am not comfortable sharing this kind of information freely on the internet even tho it's aimed towards solving my issue. I would gladly send you the SSU logs over the e-mail.

Thanks for understanding
P.

0 Kudos
Pix4r
Beginner

Little update,
just now I found out I am not able to connect my phone to my notebook over bluetooth. My bt headphones works great with 0 latency and even watching videos or playing games is without audio delay but I am unable to connect my phone. The bt pairing just doesnt work. I cant connect the device to my notebook. As previously stated my old wifi card could do that. Do I perhaps have faulty wifi card? 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pix4r, 

We can surely accommodate your request. I will be sending you a private message and you can send the SSU logs in there instead. This way we can further diagnose your Intel AX210 WIFI card. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Pix4r
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,
do you have any updates on this issue from the engineers? 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pix4r, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. I have sent you a private message regarding this case. Kindly please check your email for more details. Thank you!

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos