Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7526 Discussions

AX211 Bluetooth & WiFi on Linux

Extravaganza
Novice

Does Intel provide drivers for AX211 on linux system ?

The linux OS configuration:
Debian 12.2.0-14
Kernel 6.6.11-4

Intel hardware:
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz, REV=0x430

The following errors are reported by OS during start up:

i2c i2c-2: Failed to register i2c client ITE8853:00 at 0x4e (-16)
Serial bus multi instantiate pseudo device driver INT3515:00: err or -ENXIO: IRQ Index 1 not found

Bluetooth: hci0: Malformed MSFT vendor event: 0x02
iwlwifi WRT: Invalid buffer destination

Thank you in advance for your commitment

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Extravaganza, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to your question, in the following link, you will find all the details about "Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/wireless.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
benisonbesra
Beginner

I am too facing the same problem.

- Intel does not have Linux driver for "Intel Wi-Fi 6E Ax211 160Mhz" as on 2024.May.02.

- Nor a documentation/Instruction to sign-in the module for secure-boot (in case you are using secure-boot).

- Have to wait to the Intel developers to write Linux driver for "Intel Wi-Fi 6E Ax211 160Mhz"

- Latest driver that Intel has is is for "Intel Wi-Fi 6E Ax210 160Mhz" for Kernels 5.10.+

0 Kudos
frodzdev
Beginner

Any updates? I'm having the same issue. Linux is asking for:

Min version: iwlwifi-ma-a0-gf-a0-39

Max version: iwlwifi-ma-a0-gf-a0-72

But none can be found on the linux firmware repo. The product page says Linux is supported

0 Kudos
FortuiteMan
New User

Any update ??

Same issue here.

Thank you

0 Kudos
benisonbesra
Beginner

I tries older drivers from Intel's site mentioned above. But non worked.

So I reinstalled the OS now everything works. Ubuntu 20.04.6 has some drive that comes with OS, they works fine. 

If you some how update or by any means uninstall and reinstall the network-namager and try to reinstall the Intel Wifi. You will have this issue. At least I fell into this problem this way. 

You could either work with Ethernet for time being, and wait for Intel to release driver for Intel hardware: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz. 

Or go for a Fresh Install of OS. (This is really time taking process & and restore data & re configure all frameworks for ongoing projects)

0 Kudos