Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Cannot activate Wifi

Ordwen
Novice

Hi,

I bought a WIFI 6E AX210 card and after installing the drivers I still can't activate Wifi, which simply doesn't appear in Windows settings. On the other hand, Bluetooth, offered by the same card, works.

The drivers are installed correctly, and the Intel assistant does not suggest any updates. In the device manager, in the Bluetooth tab I have "Intel Wireles Bluetooth", but in the network card tab I don't have the Wifi card.

I'm in dual boot mode, with Windows 11 on one drive and Ubuntu 22.04 on another. On Ubuntu, I don't have WiFi either, and Bluetooth works too.

My motherboard is a TUF B450-PRO GAMING, and the bios are up to date. Fast boot is disabled.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can try anything on any operating system.

Thanks a lot!

network_cards.png

devices_manager.png

  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
What kind of PCIe slot do you have the card plugged into? Many of the carrier cards will only work properly if plugged into a x1 (i.e., not x4, x8 or x16) PCIe slot. Bluetooth can work because it is accessed over USB. Not so Wireless.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
Ordwen
Novice

Hello, thank you for your answer.

My motherboard have 3 PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots, and I tried on all 3.

The fact is that a few months ago I had a working network card. I'm still wired but I needed it for a business trip. Then I came home, switched back to wired, and I can't say when it stopped working.

In the meantime I installed dual boot, so I clearly suspect this, but I tried the few solutions I could find, like disabling fast boot in the bios, but nothing worked...

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ordwen,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I realize how complicated this is for you and to help you further I would like to confirm the following:

1. Are you using the antennas that came with teh adapter?

2. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

3. What is the BIOS version installed?

4. Is the Wi-Fi enabled in the BIOS?

5. What is the driver version installed?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Ordwen
Novice

Hello, 
Thank you for your answer.

1. Yes, I use the antennas.

2.  I have a dual boot, so I use Windows 11 (22H2) and Ubuntu 22.04.3. As I said above, I think this is unfortunately the root of the problem, as in the past it worked fine on a system with only Windows installed. And of course, I can't remove Ubuntu (it's my work machine). And the card doesn't work on Ubuntu either.

3. The BIOS is version 4202, released at the end of July this year.

4. I don't have a Wifi option in the BIOS, or I can't find it. But I don't see any options enabled/disabled that could prevent the network card from working properly.

5. The driver is installed in version 22.250.1

Regards,

Samuel

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ordwen, 

Thanks for your response. I would like to let you know that our support for Linux is limited and I recommend you to check with your Linux distributor for driver and support. As per Windows, since your BIOS and Windows updates are up to date, I can only recommend you try a clean install of the wireless drivers.

If the issue persists, I recommend you check with Asus since the issue is happening with both operating systems to confirm the installation steps and compatibility with the board.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos