Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7458 Discussions

How to disable Killer Control

TKarr
Beginner

I am on a very slow, metered connection and I cannot get the Killer Control settings to prioritize the traffic I am wanting. It actually suppresses the activity I asked it to prioritize to the point I can only receive a couple mbs a day. I tried to turn off prioritization and that just made my network speeds worse. How can I remove the Killer Control aspects and just have my adapter act like a normal wireless adapter? I don't experience this type of issue on my other laptops.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TKarr  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please be aware that there is no way to "disable" the Killer performance suite, if you want to remove it, you need to uninstall it completely. 

How Do I Uninstall The Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite? 

Regarding your original issue, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Killer card the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. What is the model of your Killer wi-fi card? 
  3. Was it working before? 
  4. What is the name of the test you are using to get the download and upload speeds? Are you using the Killer performance suite for this? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TKarr  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TKarr  

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos