Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Intel AX210 / Windows 11 Hotspot: Single Device Loses Internet Access While Others Stay Connected

TIN
Novice

TL;DR: Samsung A52 keeps losing internet (but stays connected) to my Windows 11 hotspot using an Intel AX210 card. No trouble with other devices connected to the hotspot. Already tried updating drivers, tweaking Wi-Fi settings, and more, but still no dice.

EDIT: If I keep using the device, if I don't lock the A52 and stay active on it, I can stay connected no problem. But if I lock my phone and, I guess, let it send a "sleep" signal to the AX210 card, that's when the trouble starts. I'll unlock my phone later and see it's still connected but with no internet. Then I have to disconnect and reconnect to the hotspot to get it working again..

EDIT2: Enabling wifi safe mode in android developer settings keeps me connected.

EDIT3: Woke up to my phone connected with no wifi - safe mode is not the temporary solution.

Hi!

I'm encountering a persistent Wi-Fi problem with my Samsung A52 (android 13) and am looking for some advice. Here's the full picture:

• Setup Details: My PC is hooked up to the internet via Ethernet and apart from that I'm using an Intel AX210 Wi-Fi card to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 11. (Latest drivers from intel/latest version of windows 11)
  • Previous Setup: Previously, I used a TP-Link USB adapter for the hotspot, which worked fine with all devices, including the Samsung A52. However, the TP-Link adapter tended to overheat, which is why I bought the AX210.
  • Current Issue with Samsung A52: Since switching to the AX210, my Samsung A52 connects to the hotspot initially with internet access, but after a variable period (a few minutes to about 30 minutes), it shows 'Connected, no internet.' This problem is exclusive to the Samsung A52.

Troubleshooting Attempts:

• Altered advanced adapter properties. (like switched MIMO power saving to NO SMPS)
  • Experimented with setting the band to only 2.4 GHz or only 5 GHz.
  • Restarted both the PC and the phone multiple times after each change.
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the device drivers with the latest version from Intel's website.
  • On the Samsung A52, disabled private DNS, disabled the random MAC address feature on connection, and Samsung's intelligent Wi-Fi feature.

I've tried just about everything I can think of, so now I'm not sure if this is a driver issue or an android issue- This doesn't happen to my other android Samsung Note 9 - android 11. This doesn't happen on my laptops which also connect to the hotspot.

I can't find a single thread about the hotspot working initially and then not for only 1 device and all other devices working flawlessly.

If there are any reports I can make - Let me know how to produce them for either on Android or on Windows and I'll be glad to help you help me troubleshoot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TIN
Novice

This ended up being an Intel chipset issue - switched to a TP-link T2E PCI adapter and hotspot worked fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @TIN

Thank you for reaching out to the Intel® communities. I sincerely regret that this has happened to you. We appreciate your post and are here to assist you with your concerns.

Upon reviewing the details of the issue, we observed that you replaced the original wireless card with a new Intel one. In light of this, we need to assess the appropriate steps to address the issue. Rest assured, we will provide you with further information on the next steps as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @TIN

System manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or hardware packaging they provide. Only the manufacturer or its authorized representative can install the adapters. You should contact the motherboard OEM to confirm the proper installation steps for the device, and confirm if it is compatible with your system, we understand that this is the exact model.

For further information about Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade, check the following article: Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TIN
Novice

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for looking into this - This is a Wifi AX210 PCI card installed on my custom built desktop pc - not a laptop.

Also another issue I'm having is- I thought this only effected one phone, but both of my android phones are connecting and some time after both phones will be connected with no internet. If I plug in my TP-Link USB wifi adapter and use the hotspot feature, I no longer have an issue.

Any chance I could try a different setting in the advanced properties of the adapter?

0 Kudos
TIN
Novice

This ended up being an Intel chipset issue - switched to a TP-link T2E PCI adapter and hotspot worked fine.

0 Kudos