Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Intel ax210 wifi card problem on Linux.

ramiz
Beginner

Hello everyone. Mint lmde 6 (debian 12 based) is installed (up to date) on my Lenovo thinkpad system. 

I have an intel ax210 wifi card.

05:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz [8086:2725] (rev 1a) Subsystem: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX210 160MHz [8086:0024] Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi Kernel modules: iwlwifi 

Also in the error logs;

[ 11.486666] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: firmware: failed to load iwl-debug-yoyo.bin (-2)
[ 11.486671] firmware_class: See https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware for information about missing firmware
[ 11.486696] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: firmware: failed to load iwl-debug-yoyo.bin (-2)
[ 12.034728] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: WRT: Invalid buffer destination
[ 16.866232] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: WRT: Invalid buffer destination
Bluetooth: hci0: Malformed MSFT vendor event: 0x02.
Bluetooth: hci0: No support for _PRR ACPI method

I've tried about 15 of the most popular distributions of Linux. (ubuntu, fedora, opensuse, arch.... etc... and the others) Yes, you read it right. I also tried all kernel versions from 5.15 to 6.8rc.

I have seen thousands of similar problems on the internet that have been going on for 2-3 years. I have read dozens of threads about similar problems on your website, Intel. But there is no solution. I tried everything recommended.

I wonder why the huge Intel company has not solved this problem of thousands of its users that has been going on for years? From where? Isn't it a shame?

Developers of Intel company, please solve this problem now and wait for the thanks of thousands of your users.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, ramiz.

You told me about your Wi-fi card model, however, I do not have sufficient details about your hardware and software configuration to help you. Please run the SSU report so I can check important details such as OS build#, Wi-Fi driver version, other errors logged in the system, etc). You may refer to this link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html). You also mentioned that you tried everything recommended, if you have done any steps to fix this issue before contacting us, would you give me any details so we don't repeat any unnecessary steps?

Moreover, please share more details about the issue so we can assist you effectively.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ramiz
Beginner

Hello, first of all, thank you for your reply. When it comes to the subject; There is nothing to add.

Because I have already stated what is necessary. I said because thousands of users have been dealing with the same error messages and problems for 3 years. (They just sit there on your site and all other forums, there are suggestions, updates but no solution, unfortunately there is none)

The problem is obvious. People trusted Intel brand wifi ax series wifi card and bought it.

The problem is unchecked intel iwlwifi driver in linux distros. (for example ax210 wifi card)

Respects. have a nice day.

0 Kudos
佑綺_Mayu
Novice

Isn't this a microcode bug? Have you tried to use nano /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf  ? 

0 Kudos
GGeorges
Beginner

I think so, it's the first solution we can find on social media.

Im also waiting a solution..

0 Kudos