Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Keyboard Stops working

RM14
Beginner

I just upgraded from a dual monitor (HDMI connection) to a single Samsung CRG9 49" curved monitor (HDMI). Ever since doing this, my bluetooth keyboard randomly just stops responding and sometimes takes several minutes to return. During this time if I reconnect the old monitor, keyboard works just fine. Have ensured that I have all the current drivers installed on both the NUC and monitor. Just dumbfounded as how a different HDMI connection could effect the keyboard working????

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Does this monitor by any chance also have a USB connection to the PC? USB 3 utilizes 2.4GHz signalling on its cables and poorly shielded cables (become antennas and) can interfere with Bluetooth and 2.5GHz Wireless communications. All you can do in this case is get better USB cables.

...S

0 Kudos
RM14
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. No, USB connection from the NUC to the monitor. Another weird issue (that might be resolution related) is the monitor will not wake up from sleep or on reboot unless I follow the exact steps below:

1. Turn off NUC

2. Turn off monitor and unplug HDMI cable from NUC.

3. Turn NUC back on and let it boot up completely.

4, Plug HDMI cable into NUC. 

5. Power on Monitor.

If those steps are not followed EXACTLY, I get no display on the monitor if it goes to sleep or I have to reboot. Current resolution setting is 5120 x 1440 which is the recommended resolution....

Just odd behavior....

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello RM14,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please provide the following details in order for us to isolate the issue and provide you with a solution:

• Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.
  • What is the complete brand and model of your Bluetooth keyboard? So we can check it's specifications and do further research.
  • How about wired keyboard? Does a wired keyboard work?

We look forward to your response!

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello RM14, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello RM14, 

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello RM14, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos