Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Linux Raspbian AX210 - AP/MASTER Mode

Jacob6
Novice

Hello Internet,

I have successfully configured the AX210NGW to work on my Raspberry Pi CM4 ( Kernel 5.10.110) as an access point using the 2.4Ghz, but I now have a limitation that it can concurrently only hold 12 connections at the same time. My goal is to reach 25. 

Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the WiFi module? Or is this a setting that can be configured to increase the limit to my goal of 25 connected clients.

Should be noted, that I have configurated hostapd to allow 100 devices to connect max and dhcpcd with a range of 100 IPs to be assigned dynamically.

• Are there other Intel WiFi chips that could support that many clients?

Best,

Jacob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jacob6,

We appreciate your engagement within the Intel® communities, and we are here to assist you with your concern.

To gain a comprehensive understanding of your issue, kindly furnish us with the following details:

1. Can you confirm whether the adapter currently in use is the original one that was pre-installed in your system, or if you have recently replaced or installed a new adapter?
  2. To aid in troubleshooting, please provide us with the logs by executing the following command: dmesg | grep ASSERT.
  3. Could you specify the types of devices that act as hosts in your network, such as cellphones, laptops, or any other relevant devices?
  4. As a valuable suggestion, we recommend ensuring that you are using the most up-to-date kernel version available for optimal performance.

We look forward to your response and remain at your service.

Best Regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jacob6
Novice

Hello IssacQ,

I am trying to have 25 ESP32-Wroom connect to the access point running on the Raspberry Pi CM4.  I am currently testing if the Intel AX210 can be utilized for that purpose by using it as the access point.  All these 25 devices would be connected simultaneously using it to get internet from.  

1. The AX210NGW is connected to the Raspberry Pi computer module through an M.2 adapter to PCI.  I have custom-compiled a Linux kernel for the Raspberry Pi to enable kernel support.

2. For the custom Linux kernel I have enabled ->

3. dmesg | grep ASSERT:

[   99.434678] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: 0x200020A3 | ADVANCED_SYSASSERT

[  100.876538] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: 0x200020A3 | ADVANCED_SYSASSERT

[  103.145575] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: 0x200020A3 | ADVANCED_SYSASSERT

[  105.407925] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: 0x200020A3 | ADVANCED_SYSASSERT

[  379.035237] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: 0x200020A3 | ADVANCED_SYSASSERT

3. There are 25 ESP32-Wroom connected to the aforementioned access point

4. The reason I am not using the up-to-date kernel version is that I could not make it work with the newest version 6.1( By that I mean getting it to run in Master mode, I could get it to connect to the router and use it as a client to get internet), I would be getting kernel errors if you wanted to look into that I could provide an additional sets of logs

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jacob6,

We appreciate your prompt response.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Sincerely,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
Jacob6
Novice

Okay thank you, I am looking forward for you response.

0 Kudos
Jacob6
Novice

Hello IssacQ,

Do you have any news to bring about the problem?

Best,

Jacob.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jacob6, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that Intel wireless products are fully supported in station/client mode. For other usages, such as designing the Wi-Fi AP mode, the features and its support are limited. 

If your company is interested in developing AP mode on their projects, I recommend you work directly with your Intel representative or you can check the Intel® Resource and Documentation Center (RDC).

Intel® RDC: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos