Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7482 Discussions

WiFi Connection Drops Randomly (Killer WiFi 6 AZ1650i 160MHz Adapter)

shando1400
Beginner

Hello,

The problem started about a month ago when the WiFi connection would drop at random points and kick me off of whatever game I was playing at the time. I've restarted my router, modem, and laptop numerous times. I also tried going into the Device Manager, selecting the adapter, selecting the Advanced tab, and changing the preferred band to 5GHz along with the roaming aggressiveness to Low. All of my drivers are up to date too. Nothing has helped and I'm at a loss. 

Device name DESKTOP-R3U5K12
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID 266B527B-4A56-40F3-9744-CC590AFFB317
Product ID 00325-81854-92494-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

shando1400, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

Was it working fine before without showing the issue about the connection dropping randomly?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
shando1400
Beginner

Router model: eero 6

Is this a new computer? No, bought it from Dell in 2020

Did you build it? No

Was it working fine before without showing the issue about the connection dropping randomly? Yes, was working fine since I received it until recently.

If yes, when did the issue start? A few weeks ago.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem? No, only updated drivers and software as needed.

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? Came installed in the laptop.

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 11.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? Home, it's a personal laptop. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

shando1400, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, currently, the wireless driver version installed on your computer is 22.230.0.8, which is the latest one provided by Intel® from the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

For this scenario, it is noteworthy to mention that it is always recommended to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on Dell's website, and the latest wireless driver version they have available is version 34.23.386, A30. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=mvxcn&oscode=wt64a&productcode=g-series-15-5500-laptop

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Besides installing the driver provided by Dell, it is very important to install all the Windows* updates as well.

Additionally, we also suggest to get in contact directly with Dell Support to confirm that the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your machine or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello shando1400

We wanted to follow up on this issue and check if you were able to complete our previous recommendations, we recommend using the driver provided by your system manufacturer as well as updating the BIOS and installing the Windows update. Let us know if the issue is still happening.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello shando1400, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos