Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Wifi Driver Not found

subrat
Beginner

I have installed ubuntu 20.04

and i have intel wifi card & unable to use wifi

current kernel version: 5.15-101-generic

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, subrat.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

You're encountering challenges with your Intel Wi-Fi card on Ubuntu 20.04, which could be due to a variety of factors such as outdated or corrupted drivers, recent OS updates, hardware not being recognized, misconfiguration, or software conflicts.

To clarify, are you indicating that your system is not detecting the Wi-Fi driver? Any extra details you can provide will be useful in troubleshooting the problem. While you've mentioned your operating system and kernel version, more information about your hardware and software setup would be helpful. Running an SSU report would allow me to examine crucial details like the OS build number, the Wi-Fi driver version, and any system-level errors.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, subrat.
I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?
Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
subrat
Beginner

Can you please help me with the steps to run Intel SSU on ubuntu linux

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, subrat.
You may follow these steps:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility for the Linux* operating system and save the ssu.tar.gz file to your system.
  2. Extract the ssu.sh file from ssu.tar.gz and save to your system.
  3. To run the ssu.sh script from a Linux terminal, Open Applications->Accessories->Terminal.
  4. From the current directory, navigate to the current folder where the ssu.sh file resides. For example, if you saved the ssu.sh file to a folder called SSU File, the command would be cd SSU File.
  5. Run the ssu.sh file using this command: ./ssu.sh <parameter=0|1> where 0 = off and 1 = enabled.
  6. Use the parameter definitions included in the readme to determine which parameter to use.
    Note If no parameter is specified and only ./ssu.sh is run, it captures all system information with the exception of 3rd party logs that must be specified.
    • If no output file is specified, the Intel System Support Utility writes the output to the <systemname>.txt file.
  7. You can view or open the output file in most text editors. However, view the file in a word processing software, such as WordPad*, for better formatted viewing. In addition, the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows can open the output file, which provides you with the capability of viewing the Linux information in an easy-to-view user interface.

Additionally, you can refer to this article/link: "Assistance Guide for the Intel® System Support Utility" and "Intel® System Support Utility for the Linux* Operating System," which provided instructions on how to run the Intel SSU.

Best regards,
Von M.

0 Kudos