Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7489 Discussions

Wifi problems after sleep and hibernation

molotch
Novice

I have a brand new Lenovo Legion Pro 7 (gen 8 )   with a built in Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (211NGW).

About 85% of the time when the computer comes out of sleep or hibernation the WIFI is messed up. I'm still connected to the AP but pinging IP:s on my LAN works intermittently, the DNS client service (Windows 11) hogs alot of CPU and won't resolve any URLs, in general networking is not functioning properly. The Windows System event log is spammed with Event ID 7021 followed by 7003 about 10-15 per second from the source Netwtw12 until I disconnect from the AP. There's no description for either of the event id:s in the system log.

If I disconnect and reconnect to the AP everything works fine again until the computer wakes up from the next sleep or hibernation.

The OS and all drivers are updated.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this and not just randomly try to install or reinstall drivers and updates. I've already tried that to no avail.

What does the events the network card is entering in the system log mean for instance? Can I run any diagnostics tool to collect a real log for what is going on.

br,

molotch

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @molotch

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

After receiving the SSU report, we will thoroughly assess its contents as part of our ongoing investigation. If additional information is required from your end, rest assured that we will promptly communicate our specific requirements to you. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in resolving this matter effectively.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

molotch
Novice

Thank you for your help and instructions. How do I provide the file to you in a safe manner? The SSU tool has a submit button but that tries to open a browser to the non existant domain servicerequestmgmt.intel.com. 

br,

molotch

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
You can send it to Isaac via the Community's Messaging capability. Click on you avatar picture (top right of page) and select Messages. You can create a message with report text file attached and send it (only) to him.
Now, by doing it this way, realize that you block everyone else from seeing the file and helping diagnose the problem. If I am going to post a report, I simply remove the personally identifiable information (the serial numbers mainly) and post in a normal thread response message.
...S
molotch
Novice

Here's the output from the SSU utility.

br,

molotch

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @molotch,

I appreciate your prompt response.

I will now commence an internal investigation of the matter and will promptly provide you with further information.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @molotch,

Thank you for your patience.

Based on our investigation, our suggestion is to try How to Perform a Clean Installation to Solve Most Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite Issues, besides check if this happens on different APs.

Let me know the result, this will install the latest killer version 34.23.7168

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
molotch
Novice

I didn't have "Intel Killer Performance Suite" as an install in my program list so I just uninstalled the Killer Control Center and followed the instructions to install the new version of the performance suite.

Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue. This morning when I started my computer I got the same behaviour as before.

br,

molotch

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @molotch,

Thank you for your response. We are sorry to hear that the issue persists.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @molotch,

We appreciate your patience as we've delved into the issue. After a thorough investigation, it appears that all troubleshooting options have been exhausted. As a next step, we recommend considering either a reinstallation of the operating system or seeking assistance from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), in this instance, Lenovo.

We sincerely hope that this matter can be resolved swiftly through Lenovo's expertise. Given that this matter pertains to the OEM, we will be closing this thread. If you require any further assistance or information, please don't hesitate to create a new inquiry, as this thread will no longer be actively monitored.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos