Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7489 Discussions

bluetooth mouse wake from sleep

flagrant99
Beginner

Mobo - ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Mini ITX
Comes with
Bluetooth - Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6 module
Intel bluetooth Driver Version22.190.0.2

Is it possible to keep bluetooth awake so bluetooth mouse can wake from sleep mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello flagrant99,

After taking a look at this matter, we can confirm that you cannot wake up the system using Bluetooth. We found an article from ASUS that shares information about this topic. The article is "Why can I not use Bluetooth devices to wake up my computer after the system enters sleep mode". You should contact ASUS support for further information.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello flagrant99

Thank you for the information provided. 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello flagrant99,

After taking a look at this matter, we can confirm that you cannot wake up the system using Bluetooth. We found an article from ASUS that shares information about this topic. The article is "Why can I not use Bluetooth devices to wake up my computer after the system enters sleep mode". You should contact ASUS support for further information.

Best regards,

Jean O.

flagrant99
Beginner

Thank you. It seems my motherboard does not support modern standby. It does support Sleep in S3. There is WOL (Wake on Lan) but I guess not Wake On Bluetooth...yet.

Regardless it seems with a USB dongle (logitech unifying receiver) the MX Ergo mouse I use will wake my pc from sleep when connected to usb receiver but not when connected with bluetooth.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello flagrant99,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos