Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

How to store the data from the Nios II to the PC?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I used NiosII as a processor for vehicle detection and I want to send the result to my PC's harddisk. How to implement it? I try to use file system, but I cannot make it. It seems the NiosII IDE ONLY deal with the data on board, right?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by liyasi@Mar 27 2006, 11:00 AM 

i used niosii as a processor for vehicle detection and i want to send the result to my pc's harddisk. how to implement it? i try to use file system, but i cannot make it. it seems the niosii ide only deal with the data on board, right? 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=13811) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

May be use uart for send data to PC? 

Of course, you need the teminal app on your PC and Nios that realize X-modem(Y-modem?) for example.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by slava+mar 27 2006, 04:09 pm--><div class='quotetop'>quote (slava @ mar 27 2006, 04:09 pm)</div> 

--- quote start ---  

<!--quotebegin-liyasi@Mar 27 2006, 11:00 AM 

i used niosii as a processor for vehicle detection and i want to send the result to my pc&#39;s harddisk. how to implement it? i try to use file system, but i cannot make it. it seems the niosii ide only deal with the data on board, right? 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

May be use uart for send data to PC? 

Of course, you need the teminal app on your PC and Nios that realize X-modem(Y-modem?) for example. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=13812)</div> 

[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, you are right. But I hope I can just use JTAG and NiosII IDE to implement it. Since I can see the data in Nios Terminal Window on my screen(that is to say, the data must have been stored somewhere in the PC&#39;s memory), there must be some way to save the data as a file on my PC, right?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

TO_BE_DONE

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by liyasi@Mar 27 2006, 03:00 AM 

i used niosii as a processor for vehicle detection and i want to send the result to my pc&#39;s harddisk. how to implement it? i try to use file system, but i cannot make it. it seems the niosii ide only deal with the data on board, right? 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Host Filing system is most appropriate for this job.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should move to nios2 uClinux . And send back the data to PC via network. 

Follow this link to setup uClinux, 

http://forum.niosforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3174 (http://forum.niosforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3174)
0 Kudos