Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Signaltap problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've recently moved from 7.1 to 7.2 and rebuilt a design, I also recreated the signaltap block with the 7.2 megawizard and recreated the .stp file from the 7.2 design instance but now I get the following error. 

Error: SignalTap instance version on device is different from current instance defined in the SignalTap II File 

Any ideas gratefully received 

Don't worry, I was being stupid! I've figured it out now.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello,when i take a V6.0 design to quartusII v7.2, i meet the same trouble,which is: SignalTap instance version on device is different from cruuent instance defined in SignalTapII file? how to deal with ?  

need your help,thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

All you should have to do is recreate the signaltap block with the 7.2 MegaWizard, recompile the project in 7.2, reprogram your FPGA and then create a new stp file using 7.2  

Once I'd done all this it worked OK but the reason I got the error was that I'd failed to update the pof file that I use to program the FPGA.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello,when i use the signaltap Wizard, i don't know how to set acq_trigger_in[0],can you tell me how to. 

when i start run analysis,the warning :current trigger condition is not compatible with the last compation result in instance "auto_signal_tap_0" 

also sign: Acquistion in progress, Acquring pre-trigger data 

how to deal with these problems,thank you?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sounds like you're instatiating SignalTap in Megawizard? That's possible, but surely not the usual way and simple to operate Signaltap, which is by opening SignalTap tool respectively creating a new SignalTap file and select clock and acquired signals. Trigger conditions for the basic trigger are simply selected from acquired signals in the GUI. Or are you working with Quartus linux version and don't have a SignalTap GUI? (I'm only guessing, never saw this tool at work) 

--- Quote Start ---  

Acquistion in progress, Acquring pre-trigger data. 

--- Quote End ---  

means, that SignalTap is waiting for a trigger condition (which apparently isn't ever met).
0 Kudos