Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Quartus error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all. 

I make SignalTap II File(stp1.stp).  

Add instances to the signalTap II file and nodes to each instance. 

Compile the design. But i meet follow error message. 

Internal Error: Sub-system: CUT, File: /quartus/db/cut/cut_atom_io.cpp, Line: 4827 

buffer_out_oterm->has_fanout_exactly(1) 

Stack Trace: 

0x37789 : CUT_ATOM_IO::is_pseudo_differential_output_buffer_of_polarity + 0x79 (db_cut) 

End-trace 

Quartus II Version 8.0 Build 231 07/10/2008 SJ Full Version 

Service Pack Installed: 1 

Please help me.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Whenever you get an internal error, file a service request at https://mysupport.altera.com/. Provide the Quartus project that produces the internal error and instructions that will enable an applications engineer to reproduce it. 

The cause of an internal error could be a bug in Quartus or something you did wrong for which Quartus doesn't have a more graceful error message.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You're probably tapping a top-level bidir or output pin when compiling for a device family that's Cyclone III or Stratix III. Try disabling Incremental Compilation in the Settings menu. The problem should go away.  

Your other options. Don't tap the pin directly. For a bidir, you can tap the ibuf in the post-fit netlist. It usually has the name <pin_name>~ibuf. For an output pin, you can tap whatever feeds the obuf, which usually has the name <pin_name>~obuf. Look at the post-fitting technology map viewer to see the fanin/fanout connections for the pin.
0 Kudos