Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

problem about ins_tse_mac.c file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi,all.thanks for you reading my question! 

I create the project simple_socket_sever with no change in nios ide 7.2,and the hardware is NiosII_cycloneII_2c35_TSE_SGDMA_sopc.ptf which is the example of the nios2ide,when i build the project, there are some errors in ins_tse_mac.c file as follow. 

**** Build of configuration Debug for project simple_socket_server_0 **** 

make -s all includes  

Compiling ins_tse_mac.c... 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c: In function `tse_mac_init': 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:262: error: `TSE_MAC_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:262: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:262: error: for each function it appears in.) 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:309: error: `TSE_MAC_TRANSMIT_FIFO_DEPTH' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:311: error: `TSE_MAC_RECEIVE_FIFO_DEPTH' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c: In function `getPHYSpeed': 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:913: error: `TSE_MAC_USE_MDIO' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:1021: error: `TSE_MAC_ENABLE_MACLITE' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/e/altera/72/ip/triple_speed_ethernet/lib/sopc_builder/altera_triple_speed_ethernet/UCOSII/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:1021: error: `TSE_MAC_MACLITE_GIGE' undeclared (first use in this function) 

make[1]: *** [obj/iniche/ins_tse_mac.o] Error 1 

make: *** [system_project] Error 2 

Build completed in 10.879 seconds 

i was confused with this,thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The errors are the kind that appear when a syslib is generated with a PTF/SOF configuration that is missing hardware. In your case it's like the TSE is missing from SOPC. When system.h is generated from the SOF file, it would include these TSE# defines if the TSE were included in the SOPC build. 

So it's basically telling you there is no TSE defined. If you're sure that there is, Use File -> New -> NIOS II System Library and specify the PTF and SOF files that have the TSE included. Use your project properties to select this newly created syslib. These errors should go away. 

Bill
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for your reply! 

the problem is that the tsc name must be "tes_mac" in the sopc design,because the# Defines in the ins_tse_mac.c are named as "tse_mac_**".
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you have the options, I strongly suggest upgrading to newer tools. The 7.2 version of the MAC and software driver is quite outdated and a bit buggy. 

Jake
0 Kudos