Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20707 Discussions

EPLD1800 Information

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all 

I'm looking for information about Altera's EPLD1800 device but I couln't find any on Altera's website. Also Google didn't help, the device seems to be too old... I need to know the following attributes:
  • supply voltage 

• macrocell count 

• programming file type 

• required programming hardware
Does anyone remember the basic EPLD1800 specs? A scan of the original datasheet would be perfect of course... 

Many thanks in advance, 

Marc
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I hope this question is for support of an old design and not for a new design. I used the EP1800 in the late 1980s using A+PLUS before I upgraded to the MAX5000 family using MAX+PLUS (non-Windows software) and later MAX+PLUS II. As I recall, Cypress was the company that took over the "Classic" family after that. You might find information searching for "EP1810", a later variant than the EP1800. 

From the Classic EPLD Family section in the Altera 1999 Device Data Book: 

--- Quote Start ---  

supply voltage 

--- Quote End ---  

5.0V. 

--- Quote Start ---  

macrocell count 

--- Quote End ---  

48 macrocells divided into 4 quadrants, 16 dedicated input pins (including 1 per quadrant available as a clock), and 48 I/O pins. 

--- Quote Start ---  

programming file type 

--- Quote End ---  

I don't see it in the data book and don't remember. 

--- Quote Start ---  

required programming hardware 

--- Quote End ---  

Altera Logic Programmer card (goes in the PC) with a Master Programming Unit and an EP1800 device adapter that plugs into the MPU. Also programmers from third parties like Data I/O. 

It was supported by MAX+PLUS II. You might need a very old version though. ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/release goes back to maxplus2_60.zip.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Brad, thanks a lot for your quick reply, that's exactly the info I need! 

I didn't know that the EP1810 was a later variant of the EPLD1800. Altera still provides the datasheet for the Classic EPLD Family in which the EP1810 is included. Also thanks for your comments on programming hardware. 

And yes, it's all about supporting an old design :) 

Marc
0 Kudos