Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

NIOS 5.0: eCos Configuration Tool

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I have built my ecos.ecc with the eCos Configuration Tool for NIOS2 1.1. 

When I open now this file with the eCos Configuration Tool for NIOS2 5.0 I get some errors: 

"Invalid savefile:"...\ecos.ecc" 

2 Errors occurred when reading the savefile data. 

In the Output window I can read the folowing: 

F:\alt_projects\R106\ecos.ecc: error 

Attempt to load an unknown package `CYGPKG_SOPC'. 

F:\alt_projects\R106\ecos.ecc: error 

The savefile contains a cdl_package command for `CYGPKG_SOPC' which has not been loaded. 

How can I convert the configuration file to NIOS 5.0? 

When I create a new configuration I want to select 

"Serial device drivers / Support line status callbacks" 

But then I get the message "There is 1 unresolved conflict. Make the change anyway?" 

What's wrong? In NIOS1.1 it was working fine! 

Thanks for your help! 

Sepp
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Unfortunately maintaining backwards compatibility of .ecc files is not something that eCos does well. The problem you are experiencing is caused by changes in the core eCos CDL picked up in the new release, and also the reorganisation of the SOPC drivers requested by the eCos maintainers. 

The easiest thing to do is to recreate your .ecc file using the new release. 

As far as your unresolved conflict is concerned, I find that the best way to debug problems like this is to "make the change anyway". Configtool will then display the name of the conflicting property - which can help you track down a resolution.  

In your particular case, you can solve the problem by ticking the box "Hardware serial device drivers" beneath "Serial device drivers".
0 Kudos