Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Arc-control for A730M is unable to auto update the drivers

giofer
Beginner

Hello, as stated in the object my arc control fail to serach for updates. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Giofer, 

We would like to know if you have already downloaded the driver from this link:

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Giofer,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help us identify the exact issue you are experiencing, please send a screenshot of the failure (eg. error messages, etc). Also please generate an SSU report so I can get important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
giofer
Beginner

As you can see in the screenshot, after several minutes that arc control searches gives at the end the error at the right bottom of the screen, but actually are present new drivers!!

0 Kudos
strangerX1
New Contributor I

It only started to work for me after I completely uninstalled old drivers with DDU... also see WHQL toggle - it will hide non-WHQL certified updates for you

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Giofer,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

We sincerely appreciate your reply. After reading your post, we understand that this issue is important for you to get resolved. 

In regards to that, please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined on this link to fix our issue:

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Giofer,

We are checking in with you on the driver error issue to see if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
giofer
Beginner

I have performed what suggest and it works, but now is happening to me something that is cumbersome, after installing the latest driver after some time like a day after the pc  come back in an automatic to a previous and older driver!!! that seems very strange.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Giofer,

Thank you so much for the response.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps for the second issue that we have, where the older driver version automatically rolls back into your PC.

Furthermore, I would also like to share with you this community thread that is related to our issue, as it might also help us to fix the issue: https://community.intel.com/t5/Gaming-on-Intel-Processors-with/Drivers-Keep-Rolling-Back-to-an-outdated-version-27-20-100-9664/m-p/1413903

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
giofer
Beginner

Thanks, when i do the first method, by selecting manually the drivers, the browse option doesn't find me the gfx_win.exe file. How can i solve?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello giofer,

Try downloading the driver here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html

Then install it manually and tell us if you successfully installed the driver.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Giofer, 

We would like to know if you have already downloaded the driver from this link:

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Giofer, 

Again, we are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Giofer, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos