Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16616 Discussions

Problems running aoc under 15.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yesterday I downloaded and installed SDK for OpenCL v15.1 (Linux). This I got up and running but today when I try to run aoc on an Arria 10 dev kit I get the following message: 

aoc --report -v --board attila_tom host/src/cl/kernel.cl -o bin/kernel.aocx aoc: Use Quartus Prime Standard Edition for non A10 devices. Current Quartus Version is: Quartus Prime Beta Shell Version 15.1.0 Build 185 10/21/2015 SJ Pro Edition Copyright (C) 1991-2015 Altera Corporation. All rights reserved. 

I am unable to discover why I am getting the message, is it perhaps confused because Quartus is returning "Quartus Prime Beta Shell"? 

Does my QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE needs to point elsewhere (it is currently pointing to "altera/15.1/quartus")? I have successfully set up and installed the attila_tom BSP, this is confirmed by aoc --list-boards, so aoc should realise that I am wanting to target an Arria 10. 

Any ideas gratefully received, 

Neil
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you running the 15.1 with the previous version still installed?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, but all my environment variables have been changed to just point to 15.1

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have installed altera OpenCL SDK 14.1 on my computer, but when I compiled the host program in the vs2010, I got the following errors: 

1>LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/LC:\work\Temp\arrow_c5sockit\arm32\lib'; ignored 

1>LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/lalterahalmmd'; ignored 

1>LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/lalterammdpcie'; ignored 

alteracl.lib(acl_globals.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol acl_hal_get_system_definition referenced in function acl_init_from_hal_discovery 

D:\software\altera\exmaple\hello_world\bin\hello_world.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 

can you figure out the problem for me ? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have installed altera OpenCL SDK 14.1 on my computer, but when I compiled the host program in the vs2010, I got the following errors: 

1>LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/LC:\work\Temp\arrow_c5sockit\arm32\lib'; ignored 

1>LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/lalterahalmmd'; ignored 

1>LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/lalterammdpcie'; ignored 

alteracl.lib(acl_globals.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol acl_hal_get_system_definition referenced in function acl_init_from_hal_discovery 

D:\software\altera\exmaple\hello_world\bin\hello_w orld.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 

can you figure out the problem for me ? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have tried this out on 16.1. Will need to set the env variable AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT 

to the board package (the folder that contains the board_env.xml).
0 Kudos