Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

SignalTap: Greyed out Options

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to do some configurations in SignalTap, but alot of options are greyed out, and I can't figure out why. I can add nodes, but I can't remove them. I can change trigger conditions for each node, but I can't enable/disable the triggers. Sometimes, almost all of the "Signal Configuration" menu is greyed out, but I've edited those options before so they didn't use to be. 

Also, it crashes fairly frequently, not sure if thats related. 

I have Quartus II Web Edition 13.0sp1 running on Windows 8.1
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Some options are greyed out most likely because the lock mode is set to "allow trigger condition changes only". The wording doesn't make much sense. I interpret it as "don't allow any change that requires compilation". This lock mode is selectable near the top of the setup tab above the column called "Data Enable". If you start SignalTap using the standalone version, this lock mode is automatically set. You can just change it to be "Allow all changes". 

This lock mode sometimes helps me understand what change requires compilation and what doesn't. After using this tools for a while, I don't really need it anymore. 

The fact that adding node is allowed is probably an error, I think.
0 Kudos