Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How do I install Real Sense 3D camera?

JCall7
Novice

Hello, I am setting up a livestream. For my livestream I am using IRFaceRig to make my webcam look like doge. When I open IRFaceRig it says I need to download RealSense Depth Camera Manager. When I try to install RealSense Depth Camera Manager, it just says "The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated."

PICTURES: (Ignore display number two on the right.)

9 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In the text box on the bottom of your Windows screen, could you type 'camera explorer' in it please to find the Camera Explorer app, and tell me if your SR300 camera is listed in the app when you run it? Thanks!

Could you also please tell me some details about your PC:

Manufacturer / model

Processor

Windows version

An easy way to get this info is to type 'info' into the same text box to find the System Information page, and take a snapshot of that page to attach here.

JCall7
Novice

Don't see SR300.

SPECS:

PowerSpec G221 (http://www.powerspec.com/systems/system_specs.phtml?selection=G221 PowerSpec System Specs)

Intel Core i5 -7500 Processor

Windows 10

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your processor lists as a Kaby Lake 7th generation architecture that was released in Jan 2017. So your PC is a brand new machine, yes? That processor is fine for use with the SR300, so that isn't the problem. You are using Windows 10, so that's fine too.

The majority of the time, when a PC meets the required spec but cannot detect the camera, it is because the PC's USB port is not supplying the camera with sufficient power for it to run. A quick fix for this problem for many people has been to purchase a mains-powered USB 3.0 hub and plug the camera into that instead of plugging the camera directly into the PC's own USB port.

Before you consider purchasing one though, I recommend first going through the items on this checklist provided by Intel.

0 Kudos
JCall7
Novice

Okay thanks! Just wondering, if I plug an elgato into a usb as a camera will it work?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I had to look up what an Elgato was. I am guessing you mean their Thunderbolt dock? It says you can connect everything to a Windows PC with a single cable. As long as the dock has a USB 3.0 port on it that you could plug the camera into then it sounds feasible. It'll only take a minute to try and find out if it works or not.

0 Kudos
JCall7
Novice

Elgato is a Capture Card, I have it plugged into my camera, then plugged into usb.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

My apologies. It would have to be the HD60 S model for the plan to work, it seems, since that is the model that has a USB 3.0 port.

If that does not work, I believe that the best solution for your problem would be to purchase a mains-powered USB hub.

0 Kudos
JCall7
Novice

Can I use a logitech c310 camera for this?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

IRFaceRig is specifically for RealSense cameras. The other version of it, Facerig, apparently works fine with the Logitech C310 though and many other webcams.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/274920/discussions/0/617335934134465285/ Good lower end WebCams for FaceRig? :: FaceRig General Discussions

0 Kudos