Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel(r) PTT Recertification service is using 40% of my CPU resources

WFris
Beginner

Intel(r) PTT Recertification service is using 40% of my CPU resources even when the computer has been idle for over 4 hours. The runner up program is using 0.2%. The computer is a Dell Insperon 11 3179.

Is there a way I can fix the problem or stop the program from running? It looks like it is not doing much for me.

I realize this may not be the right community, I could not figure out what that community was.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This question would likely best fit the General forum.

I will say though that this seems to be a very common problem across various models, and no-one seems to have found a single reliable solution other than to go through the inconvenience of disabling PT in the Task Manager after each boot-up.

Alternatively, you could try setting your PC to automatically kill the process on start-up. This can be done with a script or a pre-made optimization tool. Google for 'automatically close process on startup'.

Intel were asked on the support forums about disabling PTT last December, and a support team member said that it is a matter for the computer manufacturer, as they have the power to enable and modify this component. So you will likely have to work out a solution yourself with a method such as the aforementioned process kill.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This question would likely best fit the General forum.

I will say though that this seems to be a very common problem across various models, and no-one seems to have found a single reliable solution other than to go through the inconvenience of disabling PT in the Task Manager after each boot-up.

Alternatively, you could try setting your PC to automatically kill the process on start-up. This can be done with a script or a pre-made optimization tool. Google for 'automatically close process on startup'.

Intel were asked on the support forums about disabling PTT last December, and a support team member said that it is a matter for the computer manufacturer, as they have the power to enable and modify this component. So you will likely have to work out a solution yourself with a method such as the aforementioned process kill.

0 Kudos