Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14664 Discussions

Does i7 10875H CPU support a 2K@165Hz monitor?

super7610
Beginner

My notebook is equipped with i7 10875H CPU, RTX2060 Max-Q GPU and 1080P@144Hz monitor. The display output sequence is from RTX2060 Max-Q to UHD630 of the CPU, and finally to the monitor.

Now I have an idea to upgrade the monitor to 2K@165Hz, and my question is that does the integrated graphics card UHD630 of i7 10875H support such monitor spec? As far as I know is that the maximum display output for UHD630 is 4K@60Hz, so I'm concerned that the display output bandwidth may not meet the requirement.

Anyone who has the answer please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @super7610

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Please provide me with the model of the monitor and the cable you plan to use.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the Report for Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
super7610
Beginner

Hi Joe,

Attached are the reports generate by Intel® System Support Utility for Windows and Intel Graphics Command Center. Please review and let me know if a monitor of 2K@165Hz can be updated for this laptop.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello super7610

Thank you for the reports.  

Which cable do you plan to use to connect the laptop to the external monitor?

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
super7610
Beginner

Hi Jose,

What I want is to upgrade the internal monitor of the laptop to 2K@165Hz,  which is using the eDP port, but not to connect an external monitor. Please note it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have never heard of anyone doing better than 144Hz, but that is for an external monitor connection. No idea if possible on eDP - but understand that this processor's eDP's capability is the same as DP.

...S

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello super7610

Thank you for the confirmation.

As @n_scott_pearson confirmed, the Max Resolution using DP and eDP (Integrated Flat Panel) are the same: 4096 x 2304@60Hz.

Meaning that the desired resolution could be ok for the processor. However, Intel cannot guarantee the functionality since that would be an integration and it depends on multiple external factors.

Please contact your system manufacturer to get more information.

Keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
super7610
Beginner

Hi Jose and Scott,

Thanks for your replies and advice. I have learned a lot and will contact the notebook manufacturer to get more information.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
banhgiay
Beginner

Cảm ơn bạn rất nhiều vì thông tin bạn  đã cung cấp. Hi vọng bạn sẽ có thêm nhiều thông tin thú vị

0 Kudos