Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20713 Discussions

creating a profile in simulink to suport a cyclone III

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

so i am using Matlab Simulink to program a cyclone III. the model number of the cyclone III is EP3C10E144C8N. i am using the HDL workflow adviser. i chose the FPGA-In-the-Loop option in the target workflow pull down menu as shown in the top of the picture. well i found that the board is not directly supported by the adviser. Matlab supports the cyclone III family but i need to use the Board Manager to create a board profile. to do this i need a few pieces of info that i cant seem to find any where. i need the clock frequency, the clock type (single-ended or differential), the clock pin number, and the JTAG chain position. when i contacted Altera i was directed to the various manuals available on their site. i must be stupid, but i couldn't make heads or tails of the info i found. To give some context to the info i need the profile windows that open when i launch the Board Manager are shown in the bottom of the picture. First you open the board manager and the you hit the "create custom board" button and the window to the left opens. its in this window that i need the info. any help is greatly appreciated.http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9927&stc=1

0 Kudos
0 Replies